Rev. Deacon Robert Spencer and Pamela “the looniest blogger ever” Geller both ran a story titled,Australia: Muslim mob severely injures five Jews in an unprovoked anti-Semitic Attack. The original story is about a Jewish family in Australia that was assaulted and racially taunted by a group of “youth” as they were headed home after a Sabbath dinner. (h/t: Ramey E.)
In Spencer and Geller’s account the news reports on the incident were hiding the “real” identities of the youth as part of a media conspiracy to protect Islam and Muslims.
Spencer’s article claimed that,
True to form, the mainstream media doesn’t mention the identity of the perpetrators, but that in itself is a clue as to who they were: if the attackers had been neo-Nazis, the Herald would have had no trouble saying that. Only when it comes to Muslims do “brawls” and “bombings” and “violence” just happen by themselves, with no clear perp. Also, the mention of the facts that the attack was “racially motivated” and in a “multicultural area” makes clear the identity of these “youths” (a common mainstream media term for violent young Muslims in any case).
One of the idiotic aspects to this aside from its conspiratorial and baseless nature is that the media often gets matters related to Islam and Muslims horrifically wrong (take the recent example of “Sexual Jihad“) and does its utmost to perpetuate sensationalist headlines (the Daily Beast article on “Muslim Patrols“) that have little to no grounding in reality.
Geller in her usual hate-filled ranting added a bit of innuendo and fear-mongering to juice up the lies she was about to peddle labeling it as evidence of “Islamic antisemitism,”
Wherever Muslim immigration increases, so do attacks on Jews. Everywhere.
The story has been picked up by the Islamophobe network and beyond, hence creating greater ignorance and hatred.
[M]edia fastidiousness about identifying perpetrators from groups that enjoy politically correct victim status is now extending to other groups as well.
In reality this attack had nothing to do with “Islam” or “Islamic movements” as Australian police made clear but I guess they are just foolish dhimmis.
According to police and one of the youths parents those who took part in the assault on the Jewish family are part of a gang and had been partying and drinking all night, not really the norm of what is associated with “Islamic” behavior.
For some reason when Spencer and Geller see any violence by alcohol fueled gangs in an “immigrant” area they immediately think: Muslims.
I happen to think Spencer probably types half of his blog-posts inebriated. It would explain a lot.
TWO Sydney teenagers accused making racial taunts during an alleged assault on a Jewish family and two of their friends were on bail at the time for assaulting a police officer.
Just weeks before allegedly calling the group “f…ing Jews” and assaulting them, the two 17-year-olds were charged with using unlawful violence against Constable Chun-Yuan Shieh and a number of others at Coogee beach on a Saturday at 11pm.
They were also charged with affray for assaulting the police officer in the execution of his duty on September 7.
The pair were part of a group of eight mainly Pacific Islander youths who have been charged with attacking the family and friends walking home from a Sabbath Dinner just after midnight on Saturday morning at Bondi. A 23-year-old was arrested and charged on the night before being released to appear in court on December 3.
The remaining five are still being hunted by police who are now scouring CCTV footage in the area near Blair and Glenayr Streets where the attack took place.
A 27-year-old man, his father, 66, and mother, 62 along with two other males aged 48 and 39, all ended up being hospitalised after the attack suffering from concussion, fractured bones, bleeding on the brain and serious abrasions.
The mother of one of the accused said her son was not a racist and she works at a Jewish nursing home.
She said her son struggles with alcohol addiction and only got out of juvenile detention last week.
“He’s been in a lot of trouble,” she said yesterday.
“When he’s at home he’s not racist but when they get together they like to pick on people, it only takes drinking.”
Her son is part of a “gang” that often uses her residence as a place to sleep.
“What can I do? I’ve already told him not to drink but you can only do so much.
“I’m really, really upset. I’m worried about him because I haven’t seen him … He’s a loving boy. He’s like Dr Jekkyl an Mr Hyde.
“I spoke to him (Sunday) night, I said ‘boy you’re naughty’ and he said ‘yeah mum but it’s not my fault’.
“According to my son, he stops the fights.”
The mother said the gang had been drinking at a party on Bondi Beach on the night of the alleged bashing and described his friendship with the co-accused as “very, very, very, very close.”
“He’s just got out of (juvenile detention) last week.
“When he was 16 he was in there for a very long time … for robbery at a train station.”
The two teenagers were yesterday refused bail when they appeared in Bidura children’s court and ordered to reappear next month.
Senior police emphasised that those allegedly involved in the attack had nothing to do with any Islamic movements.
The family also released a statement calling for tolerance.
“We thank God that we are alive,” the family said.
“Our overriding concern is that such an attack should not happen again – to anyone. Our objective at this time is not vengeance, but justice and concern. We want justice to be done in regard to the perpetrators. And we are concerned about the need for the education of future generations about the importance of goodwill and tolerance, and the need for society to embrace those concepts. We would like to see proactive measures in that regard.
“People should be free to walk the streets in safety, without fear of being attacked because of the colour of their skin or the race to which they belong.
“We wish to thank the police for their fast response on the night of the incident, as well as St Vincent’s Hospital emergency staff, the ambulance service, the shopkeepers who offered assistance, the locals who tried to help, the hotel bouncers who eventually came to our aid. We also thank the Premier, Opposition Leader, ministers, shadow ministers, MPs and leaders of the many faith groups and organisations across the wider community which have expressed support and concern. We also thank friends and members of the community. The support is deeply appreciated and reminds us that what occurred is not what Australia is about.
The Jewish community is still in shock over the attack.”